- Phone: (724) 329-4945
- Mailing Address: 4809 National Pike Markleysburg, PA 15459
The Church of God, with headquarters in Cleveland, Tennessee is a Spirit-filled movement that found its way to Western Pennsylvania in the mid 1920’s. A tent revival, under the direction of Evangelist, Edna Kipe, was conducted in Markleysburg, Pa. in the fall of 1930. The fervor of this revival produced immediate growth and a new church was organized on March 1st, 1931.
Originally, the new congregation worshiped in a storefront on Main Street in downtown Markleysburg. Property was purchased, and a church was constructed a year later. This location served the church until a major milestone took place in 1980. Choice land was purchased on Historic Route 40, and ground was broken for a brand new house of worship in August of that year. The new brick building was dedicated in October, 1981. Several years later, a brand new Parsonage was constructed on the property. In November of 1994, the name was changed to "New Life Covenant Church of God" and several years later, "The Learning Center Preschool" began operating as an outreach to the community. This new school quickly grew, and was upgraded to a licensed Daycare.
As attendance and ministries began to expand at an exponential rate, construction began in 1999 on a brand new 8000 square foot Ministry Center. A year later, growing worship services were moved from the original sanctuary into this new auditorium. This new space, along with the addition of a Youth Ministry team, precipitated even more growth until we reached a crisis in terms of our educational facilities. Two additional modular buildings along with a 2000 square foot addition to our ministry center were added to meet our ministry needs.
We believe our history at New Life Covenant Church is actually “His” Story! From our humble beginnings as a revival movement under the flapping canvass of a makeshift tent, to the modern, state of the art facilities we have been blessed with today, we can trace God’s hand at every stage! We believe He has truly blessed us in the past, and will continue to direct our future as we keep our eyes on Jesus, and our hearts tuned to the Holy Spirit, making it our goal to glorify God in all we do as a church.